axes technologies paper
Axes Technology Question Paper
1. What is the max. decimal number that can be accommodated in a byte.
a) 128 b) 256 c) 255 d) 512
2. Conditional results after execution of an instruction in a micro processor is stored in
a) register b) accumulator c) flag register
d) flag register part of PSW (Program Status Word)
3. Frequency at which VOICE is sampled is
a) 4 Khz b) 8 Khz c) 16 Khz d) 64 Khz
4. Line of Sight is
a) Straight Line b) Parabolic c) Tx & Rx should be visible to each other
5. Purpose of PC(Program Counter) in a Microprocessor is
a) To store address of TOS(Top Of Stack)
b) To store address of next instruction to be executed.
c) count the number of instructions.
d) to store base address of the stack.
6. What action is taken when the processor under execution is interrupted by a non-maskable interrupt h e ta n a S
a) Processor serves the interrupt request after completing the execution of the current instruction.
b) Processor serves the interrupt request after completing the current task.
c) Processor serves the interrupt request immediately.
d) Processor serving the interrupt request depends upon the priority of the current task under execution.
7. The status of the Kernel is
a) task b) process c) not defined. d) none of the above.
8. What is the nominal voltage required in subscriber loop connected to local exchange?
a) +48 volts b) -48 volts c) 230 volts d) 110 volts
9. To send a data packet using data gram, connection will be established
a) before data transmission.
b) connection is not established before data transmission.
c) no connection is required.
d) none of the above.
10. Word alignment is
a) aligning the address to the next word boundary of the machine.
b) aligning to even boundary.
c) aligning to word boundary.
d) none of the above.
11. When a ‘C’ function call is made, the order in which parameters passed to the function are pushed into the stack is
a) left to right
b) right to left
c) bigger variables are moved first than the smaller variables.
d) smaller variables are moved first than the bigger ones.
e) none of the above.
12. What is the type of signaling used between two exchanges?
a) in band b) common channel signaling
c) any of the above d) none of the above.
13. Buffering is
a) the process of temporarily storing the data to allow for small variation in
b) a method to reduce cross talks
c) storage of data within transmitting medium until the receiver is ready to
d) a method to reduce routing overhead.
14. A protocol is a set of rules governing a time sequence of events that must take place between
a) peers b) non-peers
c) allocated on stack d) assigned to registers.
15. Memory allocation of variables declared in a program is
a) allocated in RAM. b) allocated in ROM.
c) allocated on stack. d) assigned to registers.
16. A software that allows a personal computer to pretend as a computer terminal is
a) terminal adapter b) bulletin board
c) modem d) terminal emulation
17. Find the output of the following program
18. What does the statement int(*x)() indicate?
19. Which addressing mode is used in the following statements:
(a) MVI B, 55 (b) MOV B, A (c) MOV M, A
Ans. (a) Immediate addressing mode.
(b) Register Addressing Mode
(c) Direct addressing mode
20. How are parameters passed to the main function?
21. What does the file stdio.h contain?
a) function definition b) function declaration
c) both func. defn & func. declaration.
22. sscanf is used for ?
23. Memory. Management in Operating Systems is done by
a) Memory Management Unit
b) Memory management software of the Operating System
24. What does the statement strcat(S2,S1) do?
25. TCP(Transmission Control Protocol) is Connection Oriented and used in _______ layer?
26. IP(Internet Protocol) is connectionless and used in _________layer?
27. For LAN Network layer is not required. Why?
28. What is done for a Push operation?
Ans: SP is decremented and then the value is stored.
29. Describe the following structures asLIFO/FILO/FIFO/LILO
(a) Stack (b) Queue
questions on like the following were asked in Tech test & interview
In Communications PCM, Quantization, how to solve quantization error, why is modulation required, Companding? In computer networks they asked about PING, ICMP, TCP,UDP.
In Microprocessor, mainly 8086, in detail with programming, and find the error in the program, or the amount of memory allocated. Instruction Queue of 8086, memory size required to store 8bit * 8bit multiplication. Expect grilling in C programming during interview even C++