COVANSYS SAMPLE PAPER
Company Name: COVANSYS
Total No.Of Questions : 100, Duration : 2 Hrs
The Procedure :
There are 5 sections, 20 questions each summing up to 100.The following are the split up of the sections:
2) Languages – any 2 from C/C++ , VB , Java , COBOL
3) Databases – any one from Oracle, Sybase, Sql Server2000 , DB2
4) OS – any one from Windows , Unix , IBM Mainframe
Important : There are 2 question booklets, the following questions are from the Question Booklet 2 as on 22/10/03
1) All the children were arranged in rows.all the rows containing equal no.of students.
If 4 students were removed from each row 10 more rows had to be added.if 5 students were added in each row no.of rows were reduced by 8.find the no.of children. the choices were like this
2) 2/3 of people read newspaper A , 3/4 read newspaper B.if 38 read both and 8 didn’t read any of the 2.how many read A?
3) There are 5 questions based on a murder story.the questions concentrate on the seating arrangements of people mentioned.
4) A plane goes from Chicago to Columbus and then comes back. It takes the same time to travel in either ways. It leave Chicago early in the morning 0644 LOCAL TIME and reaches the destination Columbus at 0849 LOCAL TIME. In the same evening it leave Columbus at 1625 hrs LOCAL TIME and reaches the destination at 1638 LOCAL TIME. Find the time that the plane takes to travel either way?
Ans: 69 mins
5) There is a 14 digit credit card number in which every 3 consecutive digits add to 20. Here is a part of it.. Find the value of ‘x’?
_ _ _ 9 _ _ _ x _ _ _ 7 _ _
Ans : 4
6) Ram gets 148 marks for 20 questions. +10 for correct. -3 for wrong. How many correct answers?
Ans : 16
7) Ganesh and Shankar travel abroad and take more luggage than the airlines allow. They have to pay extra money for it. They carry 52 kgs together and pay $60 and $100 respectively. Now, if the same luggage was carried by only Ganesh it would cost him $340. If the airlines charges only at one rate for extra luggage what is the maximum luggage that a person can carry without paying extra?
Ans : 18 kgs
Cool There are 6 consecutive numbers P, Q, R, S, T, U, not necessarily in that order. Given that, Q is 2 less that P, P is 3 less that T and R is 2 less than S, arrange them in an ascending order.
9) Number of digits with a 2 in them between 100 and 400?
Ans : 138
10) Bactria double every 3 mins. It is N in 1 hour, when was it N/4?
Ans : 54 minutes.
11) One day the Finance minister decides that the country should have only 33 paise and 56 paise.If there are two traders having enough change in the two denominations, what is the minimum amount for which they can transact?
12) Out of the following numbers which is the greatest number when 7 times that number is < 100
1) 12 2) 13 3) 15 4) 14
Ans : 14
13)There is 31 days in the month of January. If there is 4 Sundays and 4 Thursdays exactly.what day is the first day of the month?
ans: a) Monday. Please cross check the answer
14)there are 5 tyres including a spare tyre.total number of Kms to be covered is 10000 and each tyre should run equally.how may Kms does each tyre run?
I don’t remember the order of the choices but the figures were like this
15)a question with the same logic as question 6.I don’t remember the question
16)8 persons A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H are sitting in a round dining table.some arrangement was given and position of H was asked.I don’t remember the question exactly.
Ans)I guess it is between A and F.refer RS Agarwal seating puzzles.It’s very easy