hexaware paper & interview- 19 apr
This is Abhishek Tiwari From S.S.C.E.T Bhilai. I attended the Hexaware recruitment on 19th April in B.I.T Durg. Around 400 students attended the recruitment test and finally 28 were selected. I was one of them.
The recruitment procedure consists of 3 rounds
1. WRITTEN TEST (APTITUTE, ENGLISH, TECHNICAL)
The Aptitude round consisted of 100 questions and you are given 60 minutes time… The aptitude round consisted 25 verbal q’s, 25 Maths q’s and 50 technical q’s… Time will not be enough to complete the paper start with verbal and move to technical and at last do the maths… The technical aptitude questions are different for IT and Non IT stream…
The few technical questions I remember are
1. Which of following dissipates least power?
a.TTL b.ECL c.RTL d.CMOS [ans]
2. What is the laplace transform of unit impulse function?
3. The resistor is given voltage V=150 sint. what is the power dissipated?
4. How to find the value of Z in theveins theorm ?
Ans sc voltage source and oc current source.
5. If in addition of excess-3 code the sum exceeds 9 then what we hav to do?
Ans subtract it by 0011
6. A signal is modulated having modulation index 3 and 4. what will be resultant M.I
Ans 5[srt of m1+m2]
7. IC timer 555 can be used as?
a. astable mv b. monostable mv
c. freq divider d. all[ans]
8. Give the contents of SP & HL pair after the execution of following statements
1002 LXI SP, 27FFH
1003 CALL 1006H
1006 PUSH H
Ans SP=27FFH HL=1006H
9. Phase margin of system is 125 what is its gain margin?
Ans -125 [not sure]
10. If the gate voltage is increased the n what will be the effect In MOSFET?
Ans Channel widens.
11. Current in the rotor of 3 phase induction motor is due to?
12. Question on transmission line with values of Zoc and Zsc given.Find the value of Zch?
Ans Zch =sqrt[ZocXZsc].
13. White noise has?
Ans Flat power spectral density.
14. The Transfer function of the system was given. find the no. of breakaway pts?
15. If a function has half wave symmetry its Fourier transform consist of?
A. only odd harmonics
B. only even harmonics
C. Both even & odd harmonics but no constant term
Some questions were from digital communication, digital electronics all questions were basic.
The aptitude questions were repeated from previous papers. Few of them are
1. Let ax2 + bx + c = 0. If the sum of the equal roots is equal to the product of the same roots. Then which of the following hold true
Ans. b+c = 0
2. A person’s salary is getting reduced by 20%. What percentage should be added to get back his original salary?
3. In a rectangle the length is increased by of the original length. By what proportion should the width be reduced so that the area will be the same?
4. Find the nth number in the series is 1, -3, 5, -7.___
Ans. (-1) ^ (n-1)*(2n-1)
5. If a square is formed by the diagonal of the square as an edge, what is the ratio between the area?
6. In the series 0, 3, 8, 15,__ What is the next number?
7. find odd member out?
A .IBM B. DELL C.COMPAQ D.MOTOROLA
A. SQL server B. Sybase C.ORACLE D.UNIX
A. B B. C C. F D. I
Few Questions from a passage, to find the synonyms and antonyms of the BOLD words
Few Questions to correct the sentence given
Out of 400 students appeared 133 cleared the written exam
We were divided in 13 groups each of 10 students
The few topic given were
· Performance of Indian cricket Team in 2007 WC
· Should Women be inducted in Indian Army?
· A plane has been hijacked by the terrorist, now u have to decide weather to take military action or to negotiate with them. Discuss…..
My topic was women’s reservation should be forced in IT industry
They check your communication skills and level of understanding and general awareness. If possible interact with ur group before the GD & try not to make A fish market in the GD. Out of 133 students 48 got through GD
It was a general interview. Few students were asked basic questions related to their branch. Some students had purely HR interview. Mine was completely HR interview with few questions on C Be thorough with your resume. Try to give Specific examples for questions related to ur resume .Listen carefully the PPT & prepare ans. accordingly.
Out of 48 students 28 were finally selected and I was one of those lucky 28.