Honeywell 29th Jan 2007 at CDAC ACTS Pune – Campus placement paper
Company Name: Honeywell
Locaion: CDAC, ACTS, Pune
Date: 29th January, 2007
Mode: Campus placement
The questions are from
- C programming,
- Data structures,
- Operating systems.
Some of The Questions :
- SDLC (software development life cycle)-what r various models [waterfall, prototype, iterative enhancement, spiral], wht r the steps under these models.
- Some question about Testing, unit testing, integration testing, alpha, beta testing, system testing.
- What is CMM levels, Six sigma, ISO standards.
- What r various steps under which a C program is converted into .exe file (preprocessing, compilation, linking)
- Program for any sorting method (I made bubble sort, he discussed complexity issues of various sorting algorithms)
- Program for matrix multiplication.
- What are the different kinds of tree (questions about Binary tree, Binary search tree, AVL tree)
- Difference between arrays and linked list, which one is better (I said it depends upon application, if we want to store some name ie character string of predefined length array will be better option b’coz more memory is required to store pointers etc)
- Some question about Aerospace, aviation etc(I said these thing were not part of my syllabus at all, but I if I get a chance to learn the these I can quickly learn them)
- Which data structure is used in expression evaluation, how a infix expression is evaluated (first converted into postfix, then evaluate using stack)
- Some operating system questions (about scheduling, semaphore, mutexes)
- What is Real time system, difference between hard and soft real time systems with examples(hint: in hard real time systems strict dead lines r imposed, THE SYSTEM WILL FAIL if the processing is not done within defined time constrains ex. Firing a missile on a aircraft, whereas in soft real time system deadlines are important but missing the deadline will not lead to system failure, for ex. DVD player when a command is given through remote, the delay of few millisecond will not lead to serious implications)
There are Two Technical Round procedure:
1: Direct, face-to-face technical round
2: Telephonic Technical round
Some Candidates had direct and some had Telephonic Round. Be through with your project, they will ask you questions related to your project and skills that you have. So you better be careful about what you write in your resume.
For written test:
Two set of papers were there, 1 for EC & 1 for CS. [ If you want a easy paper go for CS ]
50 Technical: most of the weightage was given to DBMS, data structures etc.
30 C programming: Read exploring C completely, in my suggestion that is vry good & sufficient book for C questions.
20 Aptitude question:
Some Questions were like:
1> Arrange Them in the order of space complexity Merge sort, quick sort, heap sort
2> Void main()
printf(“%d %d “,complete,complete1);
Output: hi 12 11
3> How many times in a day the hr. & min. hands of a clock are in straight line.
4> How many times in a day the hr. & min. hands of a clock meet each other.
5> Structure A
choices: 1.all the times a & b have same size, 2. such declaration r not possible
3. a & b have same size. 4 ……
6>Program to illustrate Flow in Switch case block.