Hughes Software systems Paper
Hughes Software systems
The Questions are follows
1. Number of null pointers in any binary tree = n+1^M
2. max(t1,t2,…tn) = pipelining^M
3. 50% -DBETXXXXXX – density^M
1) find the probability of getting a number with 7 between 100 and
999 (both inclusive).
2) There are 10 items in a box, out of which 3 are defective.
2 balls are taken one after the other. what is the probability
that both of them are defective?
Ans: 1/15 or 6/90
3) Context free grammar is accepted by
a) finite automata
b)push down automata
c) two way bounded automata
d) both b and c
4) which is not a memory management scheme?
a) buddy system
d) paging Ans : c
5) qn. on karnaugh map for simplifying boolean expressions
– 1 1 –
1 – – 1
1 – – 1
– 1 1 –
6) qn. on nand gates .
7) context sensitive grammar
8) An identifier can start with a letter followed by any number of
or digits .
9) 8MB total memory, 256 k cache , 4k is block size. direct mapping
how many different physical memory blocks can be mapped on to the
a) 64 b) 256 c) 128
10) CSMA/CD is used in
a) token ring
Ans : d
11) In TCP/IP header , checksum contains
a) sum of all the words
b) ones complement of the data
c) ones complement of the sum of all the words
d) ones complement of the sum in ones complement
Ans : d
12) Max no of Acknowledgments for a 4 bit sequence number in a
sliding window protocol.
13) which is a good way of representing variables in recursion
a) local variables
b) static variables
c) global variables
14) c programs
static int i = 10;
what is the value of i if the function is called twice ?
Ans : 11
15) Qn. on pointers .
16) given page table,page size and offset find the corresponding
physical address ?
ans : a (3*1024+576) (pageno*pagesize+offset)
17) In a memory chip 4k size and 16bit words to be stored. No of
address and data lines reqd.
Ans) 16 data and 12 address
18) idetify in which pass of the 2 pass compiler
2) address resolution
19) object code not requires
a) relocation bits
b) external names and place where they are located
c) absolute address
d) all the object codes
a) MAC to IP
b) IP to MAC
Ans : b
21) Qn on Balanced tree ? A balanced tree is given and a node is
at the leaf and asked to find the no of unbalanced nodes?
22) order of Hashing time
4) parse tree
s -> s + s ; s -> s * s ; s -> a
find the no of parse trees for a+a*a+a
25) order of deleting an node from a linked list. (pointer is to an
26) A chocolate of size nXn is given and is to be made into pices of
1×1. At a time both horizontal and a vertical cut is done. Find the
order of complexity
Ans : a
27) A directed graph is represented by adjacency list. To find the
complexity of indegree of the node. e – edge n- vertices’s
28) No of leaf nodes given. find the no of nodes with degree 2.
29) AX = B . A is mXn and B is mX1 and several options given like
a) there is a unique solution if rank of A is same as rank of
augmented matrix [A b]
b) there are multiple solutions
30) LXI sp,2099h
LXI b, 2012h
31) Which of the following are false (on complexities)
32) A,B are sets. A’s cardinality is m and B’s is n where m < n
how many one to one mappings can be obtained.
a) n ^ m
33) In scheduling algorithms which are logically executed but suspended
d) all the above
Ans : a
34) I/O redirection is
a) copying programs files through a pipe
b) input files are created
c) input file taken from existing ones
35) symmetric multiprocessing can be done in
a) snoopy protocols
b) cache coherence
36) dining philosophers problems to avoid dead locke
a) 1 person will take left one and all other will take right one
b) adjacent persons should not eat concurrently
37) for converting infix expression to postfix what
do we require
a) operand stack
b) operator stack
38) 0 is represented as both and negative and positive
a) ones complement
b) twos complement
c) two’s complement has extra negative number
39) Difference between c and c++?
a)In c++ we can define variables in the middle
40) Which of the following is correct
a) Synchronous transmission needs more bandwidth than Asynchronous.
b) Ina synchronous transmission , the time is associated with data