Infosys paper Hyderabad
Infosys paper which held on 24th SEP, 2006 at Hyderabad.
The test was started at 10:00AM in the morning after finishing the all formalities.
As you know the test duration was 1.5hrs.
Logical reasoning 1 hour
English Test 1/2 hour
This section contains complete puzzles.
3 marks – 3 puzzles Shakunthala Devi puzzle books – 2
4 marks – 2 puzzles
5 marks – 2 puzzles Puzzles and Teasers by George Summers
6 marks – 1 puzzles
8 marks – 2 puzzles
In 10 puzzles they had given, 4 to 5 questions came from previous papers only.
1) There is a book with some number of papers with numbers on the book were cut. So a boy counts the number of pages and given numbers to that book. He got 3 digit numbers 61 times. Then find the number of pages in that book.
2) Two boys are playing a game each other say A & B.
If the currently playing game won by B then, A and B win same number of games.
If the currently playing game won by A then, A won the twice the number of games that B won..
Then find the number of games played by each other before playing the current game.
A – 3
B – 2
3) Two hands of a clock are meeting each other after every 65 minutes. Then find whether the clock is gaining or loosing the time and by how much???
Answer: gaining time by 5/11 minutes
4) Some number of boys is peddling cycle around a fence. I saw that 1/3rd are in front of me and 3/4th are behind me. Then find the number of boys in that circle.
5) This question was 6 marks one. I didn’t able to answer it.
It contains 5 no. of people. They gave 5 conditions and asked to find the ranks of the 3 people. Tough One
6) There are seven books T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z.
A boy wants to take 5 books from those given number of books.
Some conditions were given.
i) If T comes then X doesn’t com.
ii) If V exists then X is must and should.
iii) If U comes then Y is compulsory.
Based on the 3 conditions he gave 4 multiple choice questions.
These were very easy. He asked directly from above conditions. If you have little thinking then you can get 4 very easily. It was 8 marks problem.
7) It was a race problem. A beat C. C is not last. D was beaten by C and E. E is not first. And some other conditions were given and asked who won the race. Medium type problem.
8) Four persons Clark, Morgan, Smith and Bob Four positions Butcher, Grocer, Policeman and Druggist.
They gave 8 conditions and asked the positions of each one. It was very easy one to answer.
9) A man went to a resort for holidays. He stayed there for 6 days. One day he asked the weather man that what the temperatures of last 5 days are? He replied with smile, I didn’t remember the exact temperatures but they are all different values and their product is 12.
Can you find out the temperatures?
Answer: -2, -1, 1, 2, 3
10) Four persons and five positions were given.
A, B, C, D and Clerk, Manager, Buyer, Floorwalker and some other position.
Conditions were given reference to positions.
a) Two of them will go to lunch b/w 11:30-12:30
b) Three of them will go to lunch b/w 12:30-1:30
Three more conditions were given and asked to find the positions of four persons.
11) There is a train from NY to Washington every 1/2 hr and 1 hr. there is a train from Washington to NY every 1 hr. (constant speed assumed) it takes 5 hrs from NY to Washington and 5 hrs. to come back. On your way from Washington to NY, how many trains will cross you?
Ans: 19 trains
Medium type problem.
These were the puzzles they asked. If any mistakes were present plz excuse me.
Hope these will be useful to at least one person.
Attend the written test with full confidence. Don’t make under estimate yourself.
It contains 5 parts. You have to complete it rapidly.
They give 45 questions to be complete in 30 minutes.
1. Comprehension passage.
They will give big passage. Don’t fear and don’t do it first. Do it after completing all other sections. They had given 6 questions on it.
2. Fill in the blanks with suitable words.
I think this as Vocabulary Section contains 4 questions.
3. They gave a situation by leaving some blanks in it. Completely based on usage of Verbs and Tenses. Be prepare strongly for it. 7-9 questions.
4. Correction of spellings — some what easier. 6 questions
5. Again the questions based on verbs.
So for English go and prepare well. It was simple but difficult to answer.
I’m not selected in the written test because lack of English knowledge. I did puzzles well and got 8 questions right.