Robert Bosch interview
I am Hari.I am a mechanical graduate, 2006 fresher. I have attended ‘Robert Bosch’ written test on 14 th November .I have applied only thru the link given in our website. Only 60 to 70 people (mechanical) were allowed to write the test who came with call letters. Only one mechanical paper of Bosch is available in our site. So I am sending this paper. This pattern is for mechanical students.
TOTAL DURATION OF TEST IS 90 min & “NEGETIVE MARKING IS THERE.”
Total 50 questions correct Answer +2 marks , wrong answer -1 mark.
Out of 50 ques…..40 from engineering and 10 from aptitude.
Total 25 questions on English.
Paper is as follows….
1.Two force acting along the same line but in the opposite directions. they r called a) Concurrent b) coplanar c) collinear d) non concurrent (c)
2. Two basic systems of forces (c)
a) Coplanar, concurrent b)non concurrent, concurrent
c) Coplanar, non coplanar d)concurrent , non coplanar
3. Formula for power in HP
4. Forces lying in the same plane but never met (b)
a) concurrent b)parallel c) d)
5. Ger ratio for helical gears one of 30 tooth and the other 60 tooth
6. Four rectangle strips of size 10 X 1 inch r placed on a table as shown in
the figure.what is the area covered on the table. (a)
a)36 b)40 c)1600 d)80
7. If u traveled 45 min at 4 miles per hr and 30 min at 3 miles per hr. what is the
distance covered by u in 1 hr and 15 min. (b)
a) 8 miles b)6 miles c)7miles d)10
8. A ball of weight 10N is dropped freely from rest at a height of 4 mts.what is its
total mechanical energy after it has traveled 1 meter.
9. Two bodies of same mass r traveling at a velocity of 2 m/sec in opposite direction.
After collision one travelled with 1.8 m/sec what abt the other..
a) equal to 1.8 m/sec b)more than 1.8
c) Less then 1.8 d) can not say
10. If X-component of a force is –Ve and Y-component is +Ve, in which plane the
Resultant would be (a) check it
a) First quadrant b) second c) third d) fourth
11. A body is said 2 b in equilibrium (c)
a) if it is in rest b)if it is I uniform velocity
c) if the sum of the forces acting on it is zero d)none
12. X15-X13+ X11-X9+X7-X5+X3-X=7 than value of X16 ?
13. a chain of leanth 1 mt and mass 1 kg is placed on a table.What leanth of the chain
must be hanged freely from the table so that is will drag the remaining chein
a).55 b).66 c) 0.5 d).75
14. Main purpose of governer (d)
a) to live happy life b) to increase engine speed
c) to decrease engine speed d)to run engine smoothly
15.A steel beam of mass m and length l is placed on a surface.a couple u is applied at
the ends to rotate the beam at 90 0 . what is the work done.
16.A & B r two weight lifters .A can lift 100 pounds 10 times a minute, where as b
lifts 100 pounds 10 times a sec.who is doing more power and work. (c)
a)A&B b)A omly c) B only d) none.
17.A ship is 77 Km away from the shore.It had a leak due to ehich water is flowing
into the ship @ 1 ton /min .A pump is used to pump the water out of the ship @
30 ton/ hr The ship sinks if the water Qty reaches 210 ton.what should b the
speed of the ship to reach the shore b4 it sinks. (11)
a)7 mph b)11mph c)15 d)20
18. Very simple ..que..find the hypotenuse …
1) Sides 8, 11, find hyp 2) a similar one..to find side..
19. Which is the largest side in a right angled triangle
a) hypotenuse b)edgescent side c)opposite side
20. The angle of depression from the top a building to another building is 120 .the
distance b/n the two is 50 mts.What is the difference in the height of buildings. (a)
a) 10.6 b)20.3 c)10.4 d)48.9
21. Simplyfy [ 3v— 27 – v—(27/4)]2
22. Belt drives r mainly used for (d)
a)to reverse the direction of power in belts. b)to transmit it power.
c)to …..d) all
23. BS thread profile has
a)141/2 0 b)450 c)250 d) 90 0
24. The main purpose of bearings (b)
a)to reduse noise. b)to reduce friction c) d)
25.When compared to spur gears bevel gears r more .. (a)
a) noisy b)smooth
26. The angle b/n bore axis of gear and the tangent to the teeth profile is called (b)
a)P.A b) helix c)
27. The circle touching the outer edge of the teeth is called (c)
a) Base circle..b) pitch crcl c) addendum crcl d)….
28. The area of the piston A is 10 cm2 and that of B is 4 cm 2 .If 10n load is applied
on the piston A what is the force on the piston B. (c)
a)100N b)40N c)10N d)none
29. The force exerted by a spring depends on (d)
a)Material of the spring b)Design of the spring c)Length of the spring d)all
30. If a body is isolate from it’s mating parts and all forces acting on it r shown then it
is called. (c)
a)BM diagram b) SF diagram c)free body diagram d)none
31. A coin and a ring of same mass and diameter r allowed to roll smoothly from the
top of a inclined plane. which one reaches the bottom first.
a)coin b) ring c)both reaches same time d) none
32. A ball is thrown horizontally .After hitting the ground it again raises with some
velocity.this is bcoz.. (b)
a)ball is stil having velocity b)it gains momentum from the ground. c) d)
33. a problem on balancing masses..
34. a mass is rotating..with rad /sec..simple problem …on basics..
35 given 0 (c)
a)c+d/ a+b b)c+a/b+d c)a+b/ c+d d)….
36 to 50 sorry..i forgot….
TO } Passage with blanks..
to } antother passage with blanks..
61 to 65 proverbs..
1. don’t look a gifted horse..
a)at b)in life…. c) in dreams d)
2. more hands……….
a) make more work easy b)more light work c) d)
3. people living in glass houses……
a)may not throw stones b)didn’t throw stones c) cannot throw stones d)should not
65 to 75 appropriate meaning
1. Go for …………. (a)
a) try b)get it c)quit d)
2. Go overboard…………….. (a)
a)exaggerated b)exagerate c) exagratred d) none.
3.Go bad ………..
a)….. b)bad c)not good d) none
4. go wrong ……….. (b)
a)fail b) mistake c) d)
5.meaning of batten ….. (a)
a) noun :a long wood of metal strip
That all guys….i changed some options..and also check the answers..i am waiting for
the results…hope for my good results..
All the best….