CalSoft Paper Chennai
Date:08-October-2006 CALSOFT (chennai)
Duration:60 mints BBB (0.25 negative mark for objective questions)
- Analytical-12 questions
- Basic concepts of c\os(13)(not sure in nos..)
- Basic concepts of networking(15)
- There are four captains a b c d e and their first mates m n and o ,not necessarily in order, ant they have to address a meeting such that each of the captain is followed by his first mate, conditions were given and questions were asked accordingly.
- The are five ways to reach city x to y, if we have to make a trip from x to x fives times….. (it a reasoning problem- i don remember the remaining part)
3. find X such that 2^x is highest factor in 12^10
a) 12 b)16 c)20) d)24
In 12 factors relating 2 are = 2^2 *3 so in 12 ^ 10 there should be 2 *10 = 20 hence x=20(c)
4. In which of the following equation K is consistent?
5. Find log 9 base 8 + log (1/7) base…… +log…+log… =???
6. Find the transition in the two figures? a)x1=-1,y1=1 b)x1= – |1| y1 =1… …. ….
7. Find the transition in the below figures
b)x1= – |1| y1 =1…
8. If AAHAAH / JOKE = HA what is the decimal value that relates them?
9. If 7x+11 / x^2 +2x +15 = ….Huh?? fixed x and y ..
Basic concepts of C and OS(13 qs)
- Union ans strut based program.. predict the output
- Bankers algorithm is used for ………….
- Number of nodes in a binary tree…..
Most of th questions are like predicting the output.
Basic concepts of networks(15)
Basic network questions, quite easy,
- subjective(10)(No Negative marking in this section alone)
- state the OSI layers in order
- distinguish between binary tree and graph
- which can be chosen for multimedia application ? why?
- write a program for factorial, such that we get inputs from the user.
- what is priority inversion.