Oracle sample question paper
1.There are six steps that lead from the first to the second floor. No two people can be on the same step
Mr. A is two steps below Mr. C
Mr. B is a step next to Mr. D
Only one step is vacant ( No one standing on that step )
Denote the first step as step1 and second step as step2 etc.
Which of the following is false
i. B&D can be both on odd-numbered steps in one configuration
ii. In a particular configuration A and C must either both an odd numbered steps or both an even-numbered steps
iii. A person E can be on a step next to the vacant step.
(A) i only
(B) ii only
(C) iii only
(D) both i and iii
2. If a boat is moving in upstream with velocity of 14 km/hr and goes downstream with a velocity of 40 km/hr, then what is the speed of the stream ?
(A) 13 km/hr
(B) 26 km/hr
(C) 34 km/hr
(D) none of these
3. Find the value of ( 0.75 * 0.75 * 0.75 – 0.001 ) / ( 0.75 * 0.75 – 0.075 + 0.01)
4. A can have a piece of work done in 8 days, B can work three times faster than the A, C can work five times faster than A. How many days will they take to do the work together ?
(A) 3 days
(B) 8/9 days
(C) 4 days
(D) can’t say
5. A car travels a certain distance taking 7 hrs in forward journey, during the return journey increased speed 12km/hr takes the times 5 hrs.What is the distance travelled
(A) 210 kms
(B) 30 kms
(C) 20 kms
(D) none of these
6. Find (7x + 4y ) / (x-2y) if x/2y = 3/2 ?
(D) data insufficient
7. If on an item a company gives 25% discount, they earn 25% profit. If they now give 10% discount then what is the profit percentage.
8. What does the following piece of code do ?
sprintf(retbuf, “%d”, n);
(A) Print the Integer value of n
(B) Copy the string representation of the integer variable n into the buffer retbuf
(C) Print the Float value of n.
(D) Print the string representation of the integer variable n.
9. What is wrong with the program
(A) Instead of %f , %lf should be used for formatting
(B) Instead of %f , %d should be used for formatting
(C) Instead of %f , %D should be used for formatting
(D) Instead of %f , %n should be used for formatting
10. What fucntion will read a specified number of elements from a file?
int x = 0;
static int y = 0;
printf( “%d — %d\n”, x, y );
What will the code above print when it is executed?
(A) 1– 1
1 – 1
(B) 1 — 1
1 — 2
(C) 1 — 1
2 — 1
(D) 1 — 0
1 — 0
12. What is the output of the following loop:
for(I=0, j=I++; j>I; j++, I++)
printf(“%d%d”, I, j);
(C) Infinite loop
(D) No output
13. Consider the following structure
struct node *prev;
struct node *next;
NULL ß 5 à 8 à 10 à NULL
p q r
What will be the value of r à prev à next à data ?
14. What is the output :
a = (b-c) > (c-b) ? b : c;
15. Which section of a PL/SQL block would most likely contain a RAISE statement?
16. Select the VALID trigger type(s)?
(A) AFTER statement trigger
(B) INSERT row trigger
(C) DELETE row trigger
(D) All of the above
17. Which section of a PL/SQL block would most likely contain a RETURN statement?
18. Select the non valid PL/SQL Data Type(s)?
19. Which function below can best be categorized as similar in function to an IF-THEN-ELSE statement?
20. Which one of the following does not require a number parameter?
21. The user issues the following statement. What will be displayed if the EMPID selected is 60494?
SELECT DECODE(empid,38475, “Terminated”,60494, “Recruited”,
“Not Recruited”) FROM emp;
22. In order to perform an inner join, which criteria must be true?
(A) The common columns in the join do not need to have shared values.
(B) The tables in the join need to have common columns.
(C) The common columns in the join may or may not have shared values.
(D) The common columns in the join must have shared values.
23. Once defined, how long will a variable remain so in SQL*Plus?
(A) Until the database is shut down
(B) Until the instance is shut down
(C) Until the statement completes
(D) Until the session completes
24. The default character for specifying runtime variables in SELECT statements is
25. A user is setting up a join operation between tables EMP and DEPT. There are some employees in the EMP table that the user wants returned by the query, but the employees are not assigned to departments yet. Which SELECT statement is most appropriate for this user?
(A) select e.empid, d.head from emp e, dept d;
(B) select e.empid, d.head from emp e, dept d where e.dept# = d.dept#;
(C) select e.empid, d.head from emp e, dept d where e.dept# = d.dept# (+);
(D) select e.empid, d.head from emp e, dept d where e.dept# (+) = d.dept#;
26. For avoiding a Cartesian product of 4 tables, the minimum no: of Joins required after WHERE clause is:
27. Which one of the following uses of the HAVING clause is inappropriate?
(A) To put returned data into sorted order
(B) To exclude certain data based on known criteria
(C) To include certain data based on unknown criteria
(D) To include certain data based on known criteria
28. The “emp” table contains 14 rows. How many rows will the following query return?
SQL> Select * from Emp where rownum > 5;
29. Which line in the following SELECT statement will produce an error?
Line1: SELECT dept, AVG(salary)
Line2: FROM emp
Line3: GROUP BY empid;
(A) Line 1 and Line 2
(B) Line 3
(C) Only Line 1
(D) There are no errors in this statement.
30. Which of the following integrity constraints automatically create an index when defined?
(A) Foreign keys
(B) Unique constraints and Primary Keys
(C) NOT NULL constraints
(D) Both a and b.