Polaris Placement Paper
These are the questions from r.s.. aggarwal arithmetic.(1 to 5).
1. page no: 27 , ex:-15
2. page no:-63, q : 76.
3. page 177 , ex:- 18.
4. page 257, ex :-3 (this model -there is some change in this
question., the question is: who will do the work in least time among a, b, c?)
5. page 327 , q:-9.
6. If s=a/b +c/d +1/e. and 0<a<b<c<d<e to get the maximum value of s ,to which variable 1 is to be added?
7. which is the prime number? a. 119 b.115 c.127 d. none. ( ans for this question is :c)
8. If x is an odd integer, which of the following is even: ( answer for this question is 2(n+1). )
9. There are 30 balls , out of which 60% are green balls and the rest are blue balls. how many ways that we can pick the pair of blue balls?
a .21 b.2 c.12 . d none( answer for this is : 2 please check it)
10. An officer is getting the salary of S rupees for H days of work, he has taken x days of medical leave , then what is his average salary per day?
11. How many 2 digit numbers , which is a square ,with last digit as 8?( answer for this is: 0)
12. One tank will fill in 6 min ar the rate of 3cu ft /min , length of tank is 4 ft and the width is 1/2 of length, what is the depth of the tank ? (answer for this is: 3 ft 7.5 inches)
13 Find the next number in the series 3,4,6,9,13,?( ans: 18)
14.which one is the least likely of the other? a. triangle b. sphere
c.pyramid d. circle.
15. The straight distance between A and C IS 60 miles,the straight distance between A and B is 50 miles. the straight distance between B and C is 50 miles then what is the distance from B to the straight line of A AND C? ( answer is: 40 miles)
16.& 17.If A,B,C are having x,y,z marbles initially, A has given the same number of marbles to both B & C ,as they have. next B has given the same number of marbles to both A and c as much they already have, Similarly C also given to A & B . then
16. How many marbles that B has finally? ( ans: 2( 3y-x-z) )
17. if the total number of marbles are 72, then how many marbles A had initially?
a. 22 b. 20 c.36 d.39 ( ans for this is :39 , please check this)
18. A is 8 km east of B
B is 10 km north of C
C s 13 km east of D
E is 2 km north of D.
then what is the shortest distance between A and E.? a. 5km b.
6km .c.13km d.18km
19. If the cost price of an item is x rupess,it was sold out after the successive discounts of y% and z%. then what is the selling price of the item?
20.Cost price of an item is $50,the price has been increased to 108% ,and after some days it was sold out with the discount of 10%, then what is the sold price of the item?( ANS: $ 48.60 )
21.How many 3 digit numbers are there in between 100 and 300 , having 1st and the last digit as 2. a.9 b.10 . c. 11 d. 12 ( answer for this is : 10)
22. If a=26, b=25, c=23. z=1.then what is the value of z+y+x+...........+a=? a.351 b.531 c.335 d. 235 ( answer for this : 351)
23. Pipe A will fill the tank in 6hr and B in 4hr,if the pipes are opened alternatively, in which A is opened first, then how many hours it will take to fill the tank?( answer is : 5hr.)
24. A ,B, and C ,went to do mean in a hotel, A has apid 50% more than the amount that B has paid. and c has paid 5/6 of that opf A has paid. also B has paid $2 more than that os c has paid. then what is the total amount that all the three paid for their meal? ( ans for this is: $ 30 )
25.Cost price of the item is $2500 ,in the year end it will be 4/5 ,after 3 yrs , what will be the cost?
This section contains analytical 2 questions-( there are 2 questions in 1st ans 5 questions in 2nd)
(this also i can't say exactly the questions..)
1.There are 2 marriage groups red and brown, in which no individuals from the same group can marry each other, if a guy marries a gal of any group the guy 's group becomes that of the gal. The children have the same group as their parents. divorced and widowed guys goto their own birth
group. questions are:
A .for girl is in brown group then?
a. Grand father is in red group
b. grand father is in brown group.
c. grand mother is in brown group.
d. grand father in both the groups.
B. If girl is in red group then?
2. *( please check any book whether these type of question that u will get)
A causes B or C but not both
D occurs only if B occurs
G occurs if E or F or both occurs
LIKE THIS some statements are there and u will be asked 5 questions below this.
Here are 10 questions , all are analogies taken from GRG barrons book(
IN GRE BARRONS BOOK 5 sample
TESTS are there in which these analogies are 5th and 6th question of
every test) question
1& 2. gre barrons ( new book) page no: 437 --5 & 6)
3& 4 gre barrons ( now book) page no: 457--5 & 6)
5& 6 gre barrons ( now book) page no: 479--5 & 6)
7& 8 gre barrons ( now book) page no: 499--5 & 6)
9& 10 gre barrons ( now book) page no: 519--5 & 6)