Verifone test Questions
Verifone test Questions :
There are two parts :
1. Aptitude test : 15 Minutes, 20 Questions
Some questions are: (not in order)
1. A question (first one)on addition of fraction of inches a. was the answer
2. There were 36 chairs. how many ways can they be placed such that all rows have equal no. of chairs and at least three chairs are there in each row and there are at least three rows.
3. There are 27 balls, of which 1 is heavier. given a balance how many times you need to weigh to find out the odd ball.
4. Product of three consecutive nos. 210. What is the sum of two least numbers11.
5. If the area of the square is increased by 69 % how much the length of the side will increase? 30%
6. if the sum of five consecutive nos. 35? how many prime nos are there :2 primes.
7. if the length of the rectangle is reduced by 20% and breath is increased by 20 % what is the net change ? 4 % decrease
8. A question on sets. There are some 20 Basketball players & 30 Football players, and 25 cricket players. 1 of them plays all the three games.
8 of them plays at least two games. They are 50 altogether. How many of them plays none of the games.
9. A question on directions. B is 20 miles east of A. D is 30 miles east of C. E is 10 miles north of D. C is 20 miles north of B. How far E is from A? Some 3 questions on Reasoning like,
10. If you say that giving stock options to employees increases the productivity of the company, which of the following sentences support it.
A) Giving stock options increases the morale of the employees
11. Gamblers comes to the Amusement parks. There are some Amusement parks in each city. There are some gamblers in each city. So what can you infer.
A) Amusement park always have gamblers.
2. Technical Questions.
i. Electrical & Electronics : 15 Questions
1.A Circuit with nand gates. (ans. may be XOR)
2.CMRR. relates to (options not in order) voltage follower non inverting amplifier inverting amplifier integrator
3. Given a circuit , give the output. (ans. may be triangular wave.)
4. o/p of an assembly code. mulitply by 11.
5. how to handle asynchronous events.
b) interrupt etc.
ii)Data Structures, Algo., & Complexity theory : 5 questions
iii) OS : 5 questions
iv) Networks and Hardware: 5 questions
v) Databases and Misc.: 5 questions
vi) C Pgm. : 5 questions some more 10 questions.
1. if W is a sequence of strings without a and W’ is its reversal then WaW’ is accepted by:
Context Free Grammars
2. Whether all reclusive program can be written iteratively? yes.
3. What data structures you will use if you want to go to first record from the last and vice versa? doubly linked circular list
4. Given 10000 nos. and 48MB Memory. What is the complexity of the efficient sorting algo.? (the algo. is not mentioned) O(N)
5. Given a C code and ask what it does? code was something similar to Bubble sort and that particular code does the sorting in Desending order and the complexity is O(n^2)(which is the next question).
6. A code like this is given.
Assuming no code optimization and assume that the microprocessor has flags etc. which one is correct.
b will execute faster.
7. If there are too many page faults what is the problem?
8. To ensure one program. doesn’t corrupt other program. in a Multi-program environment what you should do?
9. Which one you will use to implement critical section? Binary Semaphore
10. Which one is not needed for Multi-processing. environment? options are: virtual memory,security,time sharing,none of the above.
11. Which one is not done by Data link layer ? bit stuffing, LRC,CRC, parity check
12. Which one is not related to Data link layer?
13. Which one is not suitable for client-server application? Ttcp/ip,message passing,rpc,none of the above.
14. What is SQL. Procedural Relational DB Query Language.
15. Indexing in databases give you options were like 1.efficient deleting and inserting 2. efficient deleting. etc.
What is the output?
17. Scope of Static Variable. in a file.
18. for(i=0; i<=10;i++,printf(“%d”,i)); +- (+- is there in the questions)
20. Real Time Os should have
a) fast context switch
b) Virtual memory etc.
21. Messages are transferred in some E71 code, where after 7 bits of data, 1 bit of stopping data is to be transferred. what should be done. options were like
a) send directly
b) send after encoding
22. There are three processes A, B, C. A sends data to B. B removes the header stores it and sends the data to C. C returns it to B. B receives the message, identifies the message and adds the header that was stored and sends to A.B receives the messages from C such that utmost ‘m’ messages B are pending. Identify the best Data Structure.
23. A question in compiler about the heap and stack allocation of memory.
a) Size of x is 7.
d) cp takes the size of a pointer.
Ans is d